Notes from discussions at our June Zoom monthly meeting (which was postponed by a week):
- Talked about sale of land at Terenure College, putting future car show events for that venue in doubt. As a club, we’re still interested in a large Jaguar event in Ireland.
- Ballylickey event going ahead as planned. Hotel fully booked, 13 rooms booked by JEC members.
- Watched the first 11 minutes of this video: Jaguar/Daimler V12 Engine – a Powerhouse in a Silk Glove | Tyrrell’s Classic Workshop
- Reminisced about Jaguars of old: a Daimler Van den Plas that was used for chauffeuring Charles Haughey; Stanley Roche’s Series 1 Daimler Double Six
- Technical talk about harmonising balancer / damper. Advice to everyone with a Mk2 to check the state of the rubber on the balancer, and replace it as a preventive measure. If it fails, it can cause serious damage. Check your fan vanes, they can sometimes break off. If you have a vacuum tank for brake servo assistance, inspect the state of the tank – if it has corroded and become porous, it will allow air to be sucked in to the cylinder heads, and gradually cause damage to the engine. Similarly, keep an eye on the vacuum hoses because they will perish.
- Plan to streamline communications with the club region, making more use of the WhatsApp group to keep people better informed.
- Note that there will be no July monthly meeting, since many members are on holidays.