We met for lunch at Actons Hotel Kinsale on 22nd January 2023, and that was followed by our AGM. Attended by over 30 people, the 2-course lunch was delicious and contributions to the meeting were lively and constructive.Continue reading “Lunch and the AGM in Kinsale”
As proposed at the November monthly meeting, the AGM will be held on Sunday 22nd January 2023. It will be held in Actons Hotel Kinsale – we will meet at 12:30pm in the foyer / lounge of the hotel and proceed with lunch / AGM (the order to be decided on the day). The AGM will start with the usual Secretary’s report, Treasurer’s report and Chairman’s report, followed by the election of officers for the coming year, and a plan for the calendar of events.Continue reading “AGM Notice and Information”
At the Kingsley Hotel, our chairman welcomed us all to the first in-person monthly meeting in several years. 19 members attended, 2 of them via Zoom.Continue reading “Meeting Report 30-November-22”
We are planning to meet in-person this week, at The Kingsley Hotel, at 8pm on Wednesday 30th. Look for us in the lounge – enter the hotel through the main entrance, go straight past the reception desk and up the few steps brings you to the lounge. We’ll probably be down the back, to the right.Continue reading “Monthly Meeting Notice & Agenda – 30th Nov 2022”
Notes from our October monthly meeting:Continue reading “Meeting Report 26-October-22”
Notes from our September monthly meeting:
- The Ballylickey event went very well.
- We discussion the possibility of resuming in-person monthly meetings, but didn’t make a firm plan yet.
- Talked about technical issues:
- Handbrake issues
- Replacing traditional bulbs with LED
- Position of exhaust pipes
- Reminder abour checking vaccuum tank
- We watched a couple of videos:
Once again we had a marvellous weekend at The Seaview House Hotel, West Cork, on the weekend of 3rd-5th September 2022. Despite the forecast of rain all weekend we enjoyed lovely bright sunshine and pleasant temperatures.Continue reading “Ballylickey Event Report”
Notes from discussions at our August Zoom Monthly meeting:
- We started with an informal chat about the challenges of using your Jaguar for a wedding – some members have been called to duty by their respective relatives and acquaintances recently.
- Ballylickey weekend.
- Wet weather expected is expected over the weekend, but of course the forecast could be wrong. So there are plans and contingency plans to make the most of our time together.
- Most people are arriving in Ballylickey on Friday and staying two nights. Members arriving on Saturday as requested to be in Seaview House by 10:30am as everyone will be assembling then. The group will leave at 11am sharp for a scenic drive to Schull for lunch, via Goleen, and back by Ballydehob.
- We’re looking forward to seeing Pat’s car in action after all the work Leo has done on it.
- We watched a couple of videos:
- A few of our younger members are waiting for Leaving Certificate results this week. Best of luck to all!
Notes from discussions at our June Zoom monthly meeting (which was postponed by a week):Continue reading “Meeting Report 05-July-22”
An update on the Ballylickey Trip coming up in early September – the Seaview House Hotel is fully booked now. 13 rooms have been reserved by JEC members. Anybody who has not yet booked and wants to stay will need to contact the hotel directly to have their name added to a waiting list.