As proposed at the November monthly meeting, the AGM will be held on Sunday 22nd January 2023. It will be held in Actons Hotel Kinsale – we will meet at 12:30pm in the foyer / lounge of the hotel and proceed with lunch / AGM (the order to be decided on the day). The AGM will start with the usual Secretary’s report, Treasurer’s report and Chairman’s report, followed by the election of officers for the coming year, and a plan for the calendar of events.
The officers’ reports are below.
Secretary’s Report for 2022:
- Nine monthly meetings were held in 2022, including eight virtual meetings over Zoom and one in-person meeting (with virtual attendance accommodated).
- The last meeting of the year was the in-person meeting, taking place back in our old venue of the Kingsley Hotel, and there was a very good turnout for it.
- We had three club events – the AGM / lunch in Garryvoe in January, attending the Youghal Car Show in May, and the weekend event in Ballylickey in September.
Jonathan Sherwin / Secretary
Treasurer’s Report 2022:
- 21 JEC members fully paid up with regional membership.
- Income for the year was solely from regional membership, outgoings were minimal (meeting expenses and bank charges), full details available at the AGM.
- The club account is in the black, with more than enough to cover insurance (as discussed at monthly meetings) and costs associated with taking a stand at the Irish Classic and Vintage Car Show if that happens in 2023.
John O’Driscoll / Treasurer
Chairman’s Report 2022:
- Our first event in 2022 was much later than usual as a result of the Covid 19 infection. It was on April 6th in The Garryvoe Hotel, East Cork where we enjoyed meeting up for lunch and this was followed by our AGM.
- Our next event was the Classic Wheels Ireland event in Youghal on the 21st and 22nd August which was a drive on the Saturday through Co. Cork and Co. Waterford stopping at Villiarstown and Lismore before returning to Youghal later that day. The following day a static display of cars took place.
- On the 3rd to 5th September we made our annual trip to Ballylickey where we were again favoured with good weather on both days. Michael again brought us on a lovely scenic drive on the Saturday to Schull via Durrus stopping at Crookhaven and continuing on to Schull for lunch and a walk around the town. It was then back to the Seaview House Hotel for dinner.
- Throughout the year we continued with our now normal monthly meetings by Zoom, this was a great way of all of us keeping in touch. With little to discuss by way of events we showed some short Jaguar video clips which went down well.
- I am pleased to report that we are now back to our face to face meetings with the first having taken place on 30th November at the Kingsley Hotel, Cork where we had a great attendance and a very productive meeting.
- Thanks to everyone for staying with us during those difficult times. We look forward to getting back to normal and out with our cars and meeting up.
John F Sheehan / Chairman