Notes from our October monthly meeting:
- Tribute paid to Angela Cavey of the IJDC who sadly passed away recently. She was a friend to our club.
- Main point of discussion for tonight: plan for the future of the club.
- Request for in-person meetings. Possibility for distant members to still attend via Zoom.
- The two most popular events for the club are Ballylickey and the Christmas (or post-Christmas) lunch. The day-trip to Annsgrove Gardens unfortunately did not go ahead due to lack of interest.
- At the same time, some members would like to see a change of venue for the September event and the Christmas lunch.
- What other events do members want? Our chairman requested that members think about what they want from the club over the next month, for discussion at the November meeting and with the Calendar of Events for 2023 (to be decided at the AGM) in mind.
- Suggestions at this meeting of attending one or more car shows (since the Terenure Show has not happened for a few years), and joining back into the National Weekend (with the IJDC and JDC NI).
- We watched a video:
- We plan to meet in-person for the November meeting at the Kingsley Hotel at 8pm on Wednesday 30th November, with members who can’t make it in person joining via Zoom as a trial.