Our annual post-Christmas lunch was held in the Garryvoe hotel on Sunday, 19th January. The staff made us feel very welcome, and the option of a 2 or 3-course lunch met everyone’s requirements. No sooner than the teas and coffees were served was the raffle in progress, bringing us efficiently to the business of the AGM.
The Chairman opened proceedings with a run down of the major activities of the year:
- We had nine monthly meetings during the past year, mostly in the Kingsley, and the November meeting in Jonathan and Eirin’s house.
- We organised or participated in a good number of events:
- In May, several members participated in a trip to Scotland organised by the Fife and
- Tayside region of the JEC, joined also by friends from the IJDC and JDC area 30 NI.
- In June, the club trip to Mount Congreve Gardens / Kilmacthomas was a great success.
- The annual Classic Car Show in Terenure in July was the biggest event of our calendar, and with the help of Spirit Motor Group and the IJDC, and of course the Jaguar Heritage Trust, we were able to bring the Jaguar CX75 to our stand where it attracted much attention.
- The end of August saw a number of us get up early to fly to Birmingham for a visit to the British Motor Museum and Jaguar SVO.
- We returned in September to the Seaview House Hotel in Ballylickey for our annual visit.
The Secretary outlined correspondence exchanged:
- We have been in communication with club headquarters in Bristol. They have advised us that we should arrange our own insurance cover for events, and not depend solely on their insurance. This is related to Brexit. We subsequently received an indicative quote from Keith Monaghan of Barrett Private Insurances. The quote is not excessive, especially when divided out between the members, so you will hear more about this as we proceed.
- The IJDC sent details of their planned 40th anniversary celebration, and invited us to join them in Dungarvan on the 2nd and 3rd May. The news was enthusiastically received, and the event has been included in our 2021 calendar of events.
The Treasurer summarised our financial position:
- The accounts are holding steady, in the black. The major expense of the year was, as usual, the Classic Car Show in Terenure, with the cost of bringing a car from Jaguar Heritage in the UK and the marquee on the club stand. Thanks to Spirit Motor Group and the IJDC for their generous support.
The election of officers was held, with the following results:
- Chairman: John Sheehan – proposed by Derek, seconded by Pat (O’B)
- Secretary / IT: Jonathan Sherwin – proposed by John (O’D), seconded by John (Sh)
- Treasurer / PR: John O’Driscoll – proposed by Larry, seconded by Derek
- Events Organisers: Michael Mullins – proposed by Leo, seconded by John (Sh)
- Technical Advice / Support: Larry Mohally, Leo O’Sullivan – proposed by Jonathan, seconded by Michael
We finally discussed our plan for the year, and came up with a list of dates and locations for the Calendar of Events – available now in the usual place.
Time had caught up with us, some members had a few hours drive to face into to get home. But we had a very enjoyable lunch and afternoon together, facilitated by the excellent staff and management of the Garryvoe Hotel. We had a great turnout, although some regulars were unable to make it and were of course missed. We’ll look forward to returning to Garryvoe next year.