It seems like a while since we met, but we couldn’t have picked a nicer evening to catch up, with the setting sun shining down the River Lee and temperatures of 17 degrees plus. Summer has definitely arrived! Hopefully it doesn’t leave as quickly…
- As already reported through posts on the website, some members were at the official launch in Ireland of the new Jaguar I-PACE. It’s an impressive car, both in its physical presence, and in the technology under the bonnet – and definitely a premium car! But being able to drive between Cork and Dublin for around €15 might soften the impact of the premium price you pay for the car.
- There was a conversation about rust. It doesn’t just afflict old cars, given Val’s experience with his F-Type, and reports he has heard from others through his involvement in the club magazine.
- John Sheehan gave us a run down on the National Run that around 5 cars from our club attended in Omagh recently. It sounded like a very enjoyable weekend – see the full report here.
- We might have the company of some IJDC members at our Ballylickey event in September – we’ll very much look forward to that, we were there together a few years ago and it stands out in my memory as being a particular highlight. Expect to hear from Michael by text, because we’ll need to confirm our own numbers for the hotel.
- Full steam ahead for the IJDC car show in Dublin – Jaguar Heritage are bringing a car over from the UK to us again. Members should have booked their own cars in by now. Fingers crossed now for good weather!