The AGM for the Irish Region of the Jaguar Enthusiast Club was held on Sunday 28th January 2018, at the Garryvoe Hotel, Cork. It was held directly after a belated but much enjoyed Christmas Lunch at the same location.
Attending the AGM were: Michael & Mary, Leo & Abi, Rodney & Frankie, John & Jackie, Robert, Larry & Bernie, John & Miriam, David, Pat & Louise, Roisin, Adam, Jonathan & Eirin.
The chairman, John, opened the meeting, welcoming us all to the Garryvoe Hotel, where we had a room to ourselves with a fantastic view of the sea.
- John outlined the agenda, then gave a combined chairman and secretary’s report, outlining the events held during the past year – including another memorable trip to Wexford thanks to Rodney.
- Our treasurer (John O’D) gave an account of the club finances. The biggest expense of course was in bringing a Jaguar Heritage car to the car show in Dublin, even with the generous support of Spirit Motor Group. Our balance finished the year lower than it started, but was still in the black.
- The election of officers took place, resulting as follows:
- Chairman: John Sheehan, proposed by John O’D, seconded by Rodney.
- Secretary / Web Site / IT: Jonathan Sherwin, proposed by John Sh, seconded by Leo.
- Treasurer / PR / JDHT Liaison Officer: John O’Driscoll, proposed by John Sh, seconded by Jonathan.
- Events Organiser: Michael Mullins, proposed by Leo, seconded by John Sh.
- Technical Officers: Larry Mohally, Leo O’Sullivan, proposed by John Sh, seconded by Pat.
- Suggestions were taken and discussed for the 2018 Calendar of Events, available in outline now, with dates to be confirmed shortly.
The AGM was brought to a finish, and we had the Christmas raffle and collected regional membership fees from those present on the day.