There was a hint of Autumn in the air as we met in the lounge of the Kingsley hotel on Wednesday:
- Our chairman showed his recent acquisitions – pictures of classic racing Jaguars in action.
- We watched a video clip of the restored one-off XK120 by Pininfarina, as highlighted in the recent Friday Spotlight email from the JEC in the UK.
- John O’D. brought our attention an email from the IJDC about the National Weekend, due to take place on 5th & 6th May 2018, around counties Tyrone and Fermanagh. More details as they become available, and we will discuss it when we talk about our 2018 Calendar of Events next February.
- We talked about the Wexford weekend. The plan is to meet at the Dunbrody in New Ross at 12:15 on Saturday, leaving at 12:30 for Johnstown Castle where we will display the cars in the courtyard and take a few photographs. There is a restaurant, museum and beautiful gardens at the castle, so we’ll have light lunch and a look around inside or outside depending on the weather. We’ll get to the Ferrycarrig Hotel around 5pm, meeting for dinner at 7pm for 7:30. On Sunday morning we’ll have a tour of the Irish National Heritage Park in Wexford, and lunch in the award-winning attached restaurant. Thanks to Rodney for organising this!
- Some people driving to Wexford from Cork will be leaving the Radisson Hotel, Little Island at 10am on Saturday.
- Derek and Emer were spotted recently in Tralee, and we look forward to seeing them again soon.
- We talked about engine rebuilds, shock absorbers, wheel arches, timing belts and chains, and of course used Jaguars for sale…