The kayakers were out on the River Lee as we gathered in the lounge of the Kingsley Hotel in Cork to talk about all things Jaguar.
- Apologies from Leo, Val, Derek and Emer.
- There was a discussion about cars that we know of currently for sale, or that have sold recently. A comment that the price of Mk2’s in the UK is going through the roof.
- The Terenure car show is coming up fast. Book your car in now – you can do it online here, or print an application form to post. We will meet at Spirit Motor Group’s showroom in Sandyford at 11:30 on Saturday 1st July. We normally get the stand set up on Saturday afternoon, and the show is on Sunday 2nd.
- But before that is the day trip to Fort Camden in Crosshaven on Saturday 10th June. John O’D has organised for us to bring our cars into the Fort to put on display. We have to be in by 11:30am, before the general opening at 12 noon. So meeting at 10:15am at the Kingsley to leave together at 10:30am for Crosshaven. We will leave the cars on display until 4:15pm, after the official closing time of 4pm.
- Windsor was a great success – we made new friends, that we hope to see again soon. There was a fantastic display of cars, about 1200 in total. The weather was ideal for travelling in an old car.
- For September, the overnight trip to Wexford, the current plan is that we will go to Johnstown Castle on the Saturday, and the Irish National Heritage Park on the Sunday. Staying in the Ferrycarrig Hotel on Saturday night.
- A suggestion from the chairman that we add more varied material to the website, for example reports on technical topics. A few committee members will meet to put some material together.