Braving the cold March winds, and a few April-y showers, we met in the Kingsley Hotel to talk about plans for the months ahead.
- Change proposed to date of Ballylickey event. New dates 22/23 April. We will need to book rooms soon.
- Windsor is coming up fast, so members were making arrangements to meet and travel together.
- Plans being made regarding cars to bring to the Terenure Car Show – John O’D updated us.
- David told us about his work on the wire wheel spokes, and that generated a discussion about other people’s experiences. Larry suggested adapting a ring spanner to do less damage to the chrome on the spokes.
- Larry has further work done to his XK120, on his bespoke rear indicator mechanism, and his method of eliminating oil leaks from around the nuts on the rocker-cover at the top of the engine, using gasket sealant (e.g. Dirko sealing compound) under the copper washers.
- Pat talked about the adapter he put on his S-Type to be able to use a spin-on oil filter.
- David told us about a radio mobile – hidden in the cars – not installed yet
- Tadpole radio discussed
- Blue tooth is very good Bernie loves it?
- Wexford National Heritage park a potential visit for the event, Johnstown Castle on the Saturday.