We returned to the Kingsley Hotel, Carrigrohane Road, for our February meeting. Items discussed:
- Recollection of Larry Scott, RIP, of the IJDC.
- Mention of Val’s F-Type Forum article in the magazine.
- John (O’D) has submitted a report for the Regional section of the magazine.
- Discussion of Wexford trip, numbers confirmed, Rodney finalising booking with hotel. For those travelling from Cork, the arrangement is to meet at the Radisson Hotel, Little Island, at 10am Saturday morning. Meeting other members then opposite Dunbrody at 12:30 to go to JFK Park. Checking in to Ferrycarrig Hotel at 4pm. Leaving hotel Sunday morning by 11 to go to Wells House.
- Regarding planned Spike Island trip in May, we have been advised to leave that until after July, when significant work is expected to have been completed there.
- Exciting progress on Larry’s car, technical meeting planned for March.
- John (O’D) reported on F-PACE, seen in Johnson & Perrott.
- Kerry weekend – Benner’s Hotel in Dingle being considered. Maybe lunch at Tom Crean pub, drive around Slea Head, dinner at the hotel. Driving the Conor Pass on Sunday morning. Michael will gather interest and make initial bookings before next monthly meeting.