We met in Oriel House, Ballincollig on Wednesday evening, 30th September. Items we discussed:
- The recent trip to Bantry. All agreed it was a great success, made all the more so with the participation of our friends from the IJDC who travelled to meet up with us for the weekend.
- Changes to our club-website are well advanced. The new design has been well received. Some meeting and event reports will be moved over from the old site before that one is unplugged.
- The NEC Classic Motor Show is on in Birmingham from 13th to 15th November, and some members may travel and attend in their own capacity – we have nothing formal arranged.
- The RIAC National Classic Car Show will take place in Dublin on 5th and 56th March 2016. While we have been invited to participate, we probably won’t place cars on stands, but again some members may attend in their own capacity. Some members went to the show in previous years, and said the show was very good.
- There was a suggestion of organising a future trip to the UK, perhaps next year, with a tour of the Jaguar factory and the heritage museum to be considered as part of the programme.
- Plans for the Christmas lunch in Inishannon House Hotel were discussed. Current arrangements is to meet at 12:30 in the hotel on Sunday 13th December.
- Venue for upcoming meetings:
- October – Oriel House Hotel.
- November – Jonathan and Eirin’s house.
- December – no meeting (as usual for that month).
- January, February, etc. – options for a new venue being considered.